SAARC Cultural Center in Colombo is seeking a highly-skilled, experienced webmaster to develop, update, and operate the official website of the Center with latest lay outs and plug-ins to its current website. The selected person will be responsible for managing the Center’s web/online presence, ensuring that the site is user-friendly, informative and performs as a Resource Center for the entire region and explore new information to the regions beyond. He/ She should also ensure that the website is up to date at all times. The selected candidate will also have to expand its presence through the design and implementation of new web-based applications that will offer a positive impact on the user experience, and highly knowledgeable in server management and online security, content management, and have solid coding skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Preference will be given to those who have working/ professional experience in the particular field.
- Must have knowledge of server systems, databases, web authoring tools, and Cold Fusion (or comparable middleware).
- Capable of utilizing web content management systems, e.g. WordPress, Jumla, Drupal etc.,).
- Sound Communication skills in English.
- Maintains internal and external website security.
- Ensures internal and external website availability.
- Evaluates internal and external website development.
- Manages resources to implement approved internal and external web sources/ resources.
- Communicates internal and external website developments to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assists with implementation of online content management systems (CMS) where appropriate.
Other Service Conditions:
Temporary Position for a period of 10 months.
The medium of work will be in English.
Age limit – Not more than 45 years of age on the closing date of applications.
Applicants who possess the above requisite qualifications should forward their applications together with copies of educational/ professional qualifications, details of
work experience and names and addresses of 2 non-related referees.
All applications should be sent by post to reach the address given below on or before 15 July 2020. The post applied for should be stated clearly on the top left hand corner of the
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews.
SAARC Cultural Centre
No. 224, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7