|SAARC Cultural Centre is pleased to announce the SAARC Regional Conference on ‘Circulation of Cultures and Culture of Circulation: Diasporic Cultures of South Asia during 18th to 20th Centuries’ (Galle, Sri Lanka, 15-17 March 2012).
The Conference is the first part of a Research project on ‘Diasporic Cultures of South Asia during 18th to 20th Centuries’ taken up by the SAARC Cultural Centre. It will be a brainstorming session to discuss key issues, deliberate moot research questions and to identify themes and sub-themes of diasporic cultures of South Asia that merit independent and in-depth research.
The Objectives of the Conference are to:
- identify the diasporic cultures in and of the Region;
- discuss the country situation (of the SAARC Member States) related to diasporic cultures,
- identify research topics and questions related to diasporic cultures in the region that need further investigation; and
- recognize research approaches and methods for further research in diasporic cultures in the region.
The Conference will address issues within three broad themes, viz. :
- Circulation of South Asian Peoples and Commodities;
- Circulation of Ideas and Cultural Expressions; and
- Monetary and Trade Networks.
(both within and outside South Asia)
Academics and Experts are invited to participate and present papers on a relevant theme of the Conference.
Last date for registration : 20 February 2012
(To download the registration form, click here)
(To download brochure, click here)
(To download flyer, click here)