The 13th Governing Board Meeting of the SAARC Cultural Centre
The 13th Governing Board Meeting of the SAARC Cultural Centre (SCC) was held at the Galle Face Hotel from 28th to 29th November 2023. The Governing Board Meeting was held in hybrid mode with the esteemed Governing Board Members from Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka participated physically while Bhutan, India and Nepal participated virtually.
The Governing Board Members of the SCC are as follows:
- Mr. Md. Mizanur Rahman, Joint Secretary (Administration) of the Ministry of Cultural Affairs of Bangladesh,
- Ms. Tshering Choki, Senior Programme Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs of Bhutan,
- Mr. Yash Veer Singh, Director International Cultural Relations of the Ministry of Culture in India,
- Mr. Shamun Hameed, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Dhivehi Language, Culture and Heritage of Maldives,
- Dr. Suresh Suras Shrestha, Head of Division / Joint Secretary, Culture Division of the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal,
- Ms. Humaira Ahmed, Secretary National Heritage & Culture Division of Pakistan,
- Mr. Somarathne Vidanapathirana, Secretary, Ministry of Buddhasasana, Religious and Cultural Affairs of Sri Lanka.
The ex-officio Members of the Governing Board are as follows:
- Ms. Irosha Cooray, Director – Education, Security & Culture of the SAARC Secretariat in Kathmandu, Nepal representing the SAARC Secretariat,
- Ms. T.P. Dharmasena, Director General of the SAARC Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka representing the host Member State and
- Ms. Renuka Ekanayake Director SCC representing the Centre.
The activities and programmes suggested by the SCC was discussed at length by the Governing Board Members. The Board unanimously approved the programmes and activities for 2024.